My FIRST recipe is finally on the blog!! When I started blogging I really wanted to blog about fashion obviously but also recipes and DIY things. I am totally in the learning process when it comes to cooking. My life is so busy and I don’t always get to try out recipes like I would hope.
Apparently we are going to be stuck in Winter forever, or at least that’s how I feel. Here in Kentucky we are getting a lot of snow and ice once again. I personally love snow it’s just beautiful and pure but my goodness where is spring? Since I knew we would be stuck in the house tonight I thought it was the perfect opportunity to try out a new soup recipe. I say new because its new to me I have never cooked taco soup before. In my Pursuit Paducah group there is a life style blogger Meagan, who writes Novelties and Trinkets she shares many things on her blog but mainly recipes and gardening. This is where I found the taco soup recipe that I made tonight for Mr. B and he approved!!
Pictured above are the ingredients that I used for the taco soup.
1. First you brown the meat and then add the onions until they are tender.
2. Mix the corn, kidney beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and taco seasoning together in a large stockpot. I also added 1 cup of water.
3. Add the meat with the onions to the mixture above.
4. Bring to a boil and then let simmer for 60 minutes.
5. You can serve with Frito’s and shredded cheddar cheese. Next time I will totally add a dollop of sour cream.
How cute is this mixing bowl my future mother-in-law got in a set of 3. I used it to put my onions in after I chopped them up. They are the cake boss brand you can purchase them on Amazon.
The finished product!! This one is going to make the recipe box!